Our ancestors never worried about putting on weight because they lived a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, we cannot say the same about ourselves. We mix our unhealthy lifestyles with unhealthy eating habits. Most of us live a sedentary lifestyle and hardly find any time to exercise. We work long hours, neglect our sleep, and eat poorly. That not only leads to terrible weight gain but also other health problems like diabetes. The only way to overcome all these problems is to start living a healthy lifestyle.
How to Lose Weight
Many people rely on special diets like the keto diet, which will help you lose weight fast. However, if you need a suitable long-term plan, do not consider crash diets or restricted diets.
Make a consistent change in your diet and include exercise as part of your regular schedule. There should be a lot of walking and some amount of cardio every week.
1. Serve yourself smaller portions of food. Eat everything that you need to eat, but reduce the parts and eat more frequently.
2. Ensure that you have a balanced diet. People may tell you that you need to give up fat or carbs, but a balanced diet must include every nutrient. Just make sure that you are getting the right amount of each one.
3. Log all your meals and everything you eat in between the meals. You may not realize how many unnecessary calories you consume until you log your meals. Often, we tend to walk over to the fridge and fill ourselves with a snack even when we are not hungry. Avoid doing that. Once you start tracking everything, this unnecessary eating will stop automatically.
4. Track your weight regularly. Write down what your weight was when you began. Then, take your weight every week to see the changes. There are many fantastic apps that you can use to log your meals and weight, like myfitnesspal. Try something like that or write everything in a book.
5. Drink enough water. Most of us do not drink enough water. You could fill a bottle of water and carry it with you everywhere you go. Keep the bottle within sight when you sit down to work. That way, you will remember to take a sip every time you see the bottle.
6. Get help and support from friends and family. You will need all the positive encouragement you can get, especially in the beginning. It will also help if you get a friend to start the new plan with you.
Remember that you may not be very successful in losing weight as soon as you embark on your new journey. It may often take a little while for your body to get used to a new schedule, so do not lose hope. Keep up the program, and soon you will see excellent results. Sometimes you may notice that you are losing a lot of weight and then suddenly reach a plateau. That, too, is normal for most people. Do not give up. Be consistent with your plan, and everything will work out fine.